Reporting Problems on the River
Call the Environment Agency incident hotline to report:
Agency Incident hotline: 0800 80 70 60
- damage or danger to the natural environment
- pollution to water or land
- poaching or illegal fishing
- dead fish or fish gasping for air
- main rivers blocked by a vehicle or fallen tree causing risk of flooding
- flooding from any river, stream, canal/channel, or natural spring
- incidents at Environment Agency-regulated waste sites
- illegal removals from watercourses
- unusual changes in river flow
- collapsed or badly damaged river or canal banks
Report waste crimes:
You can report waste crime, such as dumping waste into rivers or on river banks to Crimestoppers anonymously
Report crime online Telephone: 0800 555 111
Bursts, leaks, and breaches:
- Burst water mains or sewers...
Water service is provided by South East Water.
Sewerage service is provided by Thames Water.
- Damage to river banks...
Riparian owners are responsible for maintaining the river bed and banks within their section of the watercourse. It is their duty to work towards minimising pollution and preventing obstruction to the water flow.
Non Native Species:
Check with the Non Native Species Secretariat for guidance